Tilt The Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome , you last visited on Thu Jan 01, 1970. We now have 88 members and a total of 142 posts in 93 topics.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Distribution/Concentration of good cards

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Benjamin02
fish
fish

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Distribution/Concentration of good cards Empty
PostSubject: Distribution/Concentration of good cards    Distribution/Concentration of good cards EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 pm

This is one of those questions that may make me look like an idiot but whatever, I agree with Phil Laak that embarrassment is a wasted emotion.

So...... If your at a 10 handed table and everyone folds to the players in LP. Is there any merit to saying that there may be a higher % of a chance that those players left are holding better starting hands? If most people will play any ace, broadway cards and what not and over half the filed has FOLDED then wouldn't it make sense that they folded crap and the BETTER/higher ranking cards may be in the hands of those players in late position now?

I'm not a math whiz. I just wanted to know if this was a valid thought at all. Lately I've witnessed re-raising wars guys in LP who their villain thinks may be stealing, normally they get called down and tables a great hand. It's just amazing and makes me more of a nit when I see things like this over and over again. Of course these are < $1000 buy-in events where players dont steal/resteal that much.

Thanks. I'll be at the WOSOP, adding to the dead money.
[strike]
Back to top Go down
Aces1030
Shark Killer
Shark Killer
Aces1030

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Distribution/Concentration of good cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distribution/Concentration of good cards    Distribution/Concentration of good cards EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:32 am

I know this is an old post but I think it is a very valid post. In a 10 handed game and your on the button you have 14 cards dead if everyone has folded to you. Now if your on a loose table I would say the odds go up on whether or not sb and bb have good cards, but on a tight table I would say it will be tough to say because weak As,Ks,Qs, and Js, will be folded easily. I will admit myself I have gotten in raising wars with in bb with the guy on the button and I would say 80% of the time it has screwd me. This is speculation I havent heard this subject discussed on many forums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bodoglife.com

Distribution/Concentration of good cards
Page 1 of 1